Mechanical Design Engineer/Technologist (HVAC, Plumbing, Fire Protection)
Opening in our Kelowna office
We are seeking a self-motivated Mechanical Design Engineer or Technologist with a minimum of 4 years' experience in mechanical HVAC and Plumbing design. The successful candidate will be responsible for performing associated HVAC, Plumbing and Fire Protection project management and design.
We are looking to obtain an enthusiastic, talented team player. The applicant must be to detail oriented, love challenges and enjoys contributing to the success of the team in a progressive work environment.
The main responsibilities will include, but not necessarily limited to the following:
- Production of AutoCAD and/or Revit drawings using Rocky Point Engineering design standards
- Familiarity with energy modelling targets, ASHRAE 90.1 and NECB requirements
- HVAC, Fire Protection and Plumbing design/drafting as directed by Senior Design staff
- Detailed self-check of work performed prior to submitting completed drafting to Designer and working within company's organizational quality management system
- Candidate must be able to manage projects from initial design (based on discussions with Senior Staff) through to project completion
- University degree, college/technology diploma in Mechanical/Building Engineering or relevant field
- Minimum 4 years AutoCAD experience in Mechanical Engineering or other relevant field.
- HVAC, Plumbing and Fire Protection design experience would be an additional asset
- Able to read Architectural, Structural, Plumbing, Mechanical and Electrical drawings
- Revit experience would be an additional asset
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and meet project deadlines
If you have a positive attitude and you possess the above-mentioned qualifications and experience, we would love to hear from you!
We offer a competitive compensation package including excellent benefits.
Applicants must be entitled to work in Canada.
Please send your cover letter and resume specifying Mechanical Designer position in our Kelowna office to Ainsley van Kleeck, Human Resources Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org No phone calls please.
Return to Careers