Opening in our Vancouver office
Reporting to the Principals & Associates, the Administrative Assistant plays an intergral role in the smooth and efficient day-to-day operations of Rocky Point Engineering Ltd. We are looking for someone who is self-motivated, organized, professional and able to be flexible in their role. The successful candidate will have excellent verbal and written communication skills, a positive outgoing attitude and will be proficient in Microsoft Office, and familiar with other software tools.
The main Responsibilities will include, but not necessarily limited to the following:
- Assist principals and project managers by corresponding with clients and other related parties on an ongoing basis.
- Assist principals, associates, and project managers with writing, editing, and proof-reading specifications, reports, proposals and other documents.
- Provide administrative support including project and proposal setup for new projects.
- Assist with preparation and execution of project contracts.
- Assist with construction administration documentation and project close-out and digital document filing.
- Assist with administrative duties including; coordinating staff schedules, office events, making travel arrangements, registration and attendance for conferences and seminars, preparing and managing expense reports.
- Assist with monthly invoicing through customized software packages and processing office payables to our Corporate office.
- Welcomes guests and clients with a professional attitude and informative approach; in person or on the telephone, answering or directing inquiries to other staff members or other offices. Liaise with outside contractors, sub-consultants, suppliers, etc.
- Maintain the office to high standards, maintaining appropriate stock of consumables, organizing couriers, distributing mail, filing, maintaining the office petty cash system, running office errands.
- Assist with office management while Principals and Associates are away.
- 2+ years experience working in a professional office environment as an Administrative Assistant is preferred.
- Diploma or degree in business is preferred.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office applications: Outlook, Excel, Word, and other programs such as Adobe Acrobat.
- Strong work ethic and takes ownership to complete a task from start to finish.
- Excellent organizational, time-management, and problem-solving skills with the ability to multi-task and manage deadlines.
- Writing Skills: High level verbal and written communications skills, business reporting skills & client communication.
- Accounting awareness with accurate invoicing, receivables, and payables knowledge.
- Organization: Exemplary planning and time management skills, time management and project scheduling and ability to multitask and prioritize daily workload.
- Demonstrates flexibility and the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to exercise mature judgement, initiative, diplomacy, and tact.
- Fluent in English, both verbal and written.
- Experience in the Building/Construction Industry is an asset.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to maintain strong working relationships.
Applicants must be entitled to work in Canada.
If you have a positive attitude and want to be part of a winning and growing company, we would love to hear from you. Please send your cover letter to [email protected] No phone calls please.
We appreciate your interest in Rocky Point Engineering and we will review all resumes and cover letters received. We will be contacting only those applicants selected for an interview. Thank you again for your interest.
Return to Careers